Mastering Flow Mobile
When you take photos using the Flow Mobile Surveying app, we save photos into a hidden folder on your device until they are uploaded to the Dashboard.
An optional setting in the app allows these photos to be copied to your device's photo gallery.
1. You take a photo within the Flow Mobile Surveying app.
2. The image is saved to the hidden 'Flow Mobile' folder on your device.
If 'Copy media to gallery' is enabled the image is also copied to the device's photo gallery.
3. The image is uploaded when the device has an active internet connection and media uploads are enabled.
4. After upload, the image is deleted from the hidden 'Flow Mobile' folder on your device.
When you're Low on Space, you can free up space by deleting images from the 'Flow Mobile' gallery.
If 'Copy media to gallery' is enabled the gallery will take up more space over time as you complete more surveys and take more photos. So it requires some maintenance now and again.
It's safe to delete images from the 'Flow Mobile' gallery at any time because these images are copies of the files that are uploaded to the Dashboard. Since the files which are uploaded to the dashboard are stored in a hidden folder (and deleted once uploaded) you can't accidentally delete an image before it's been uploaded.
Accessing the 'Flow Mobile' photo gallery on your phone is like accessing any other photo gallery. Here's how you access the gallery on an Android device:
1. Click the Photos icon on your mobile device.
2. Open the gallery named 'Flow Mobile'
3. From here you can delete the photos in the same way you would any other photo on your device.